The Carpenter Museum and E. Otis Dyer Research Center welcomes volunteers who are interested in history, genealogy, and community programming. Donating your time is the best way to serve the Museum and Research Center. If you are interested in volunteering please reach out to us by phone or email by Contacting Chelsea Johnson
We Ask All Volunteers to:
- Attend a training session to learn about the Museum and Research Center’s protocols
- Enjoy working with people, young and old, as well as maintain professionalism, especially when working with the public
- Undergo a background check (CORI) if volunteering with our school groups
Types of Volunteering Opportunities:
- Regular Volunteers are needed for behind the scenes research and collections work. These volunteers usually have a special interest in genealogy or experience in handling archival materials and/or artifacts. We also welcome museum studies, archive management, and library sciences students who would like to get hands on experience in the field.
- Special Programs Volunteers are needed for our large annual events such as Strawberry Festival and Crafters’ Marketplace. We also need volunteers for evening and weekend programs throughout the year.